Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dusting Out the Corners of My Mind



I think I must look really vulnerable when I'm first waking up, because it is the only time of day when Becca consistently hugs me of her own volition.

There is something incredibly trashy about white-blond hair when it has even the slightest hint of roots. No, really, once that happens start wearing the sports bra under the tank top and only buy at GenX, just embrace what you are.

When the girls that were in my first grade class use facebook as a medium to swap tips on where to pick out the cutest hair bows for their toddlers I pretty much just want to move to a nunnery to avoid the constant shock to my system. As long as this nunnery had cable I think I'd be good. Becca could come too.

Great quote from Joe Slinker today: "Hey, a gay Heath is better than no Heath at all." I'm debating whether or not I should give you the context or just let you puzzle it out. Guess which one I decided on.

I shoved a guy on the bus today. Hard. No, really, I did. He was looking me over for a while and then told me I had beautiful eyes. I awkwardly thanked him, people have said that before but I never know how to take it. But he was insistent that I understand what he meant: "No, seriously, if you put those eyes on another body . . .you'd be a knockout." Not the most mature thing for me to do but in my defense a) he's an asshole and b) I'm just incredibly sick of people deciding that I need to know how dissatisfied everyone is with my appearance. I think my scrappy spunkiness is coming back. I like it, it's been a while.

I'm pretty sure if I could get Jones Soda to accept a picture from me and put it on a bottle I would count my entire existance as a success.

Sometimes I take myself so seriously I just want to sucker-punch myself in the mouth.

Top Ten Songs I Am Currently Obsessed With: (in no particular order)

Bullet With Butterfly Wings--The Smashing Pumpkins
Love Song--The Cure
Paper Bag--Fiona Apple
Talk Dirty To Me--Poison
Good Enough--Evanescence
Build Me Up Buttercup--The Foundations
I'm So Sick--Flyleaf
I Want You (She's So Heavy)--The Beatles
Dance Karate--Chris Merritt
Take Another Little Piece of My Heart--Janis Joplin
Reign On Me--The Who
Paper Planes--M.I.A.
Something In the Way She Moves--The Beatles
ABC--Jackson Five
Alone--Heart
Different Situation--Athenaeum
Sci-Fi Wasabi--Cibo Matto
Solitude--Evanescence
You Shook Me All Night Long--ACDC
The End is the Beginning is the End--The Smashing Pumpkins

Yeah I know that ended up being twenty instead of ten, but whatevs. Man that is a schizo list.

I really want to go grab some of my amazing cream cheese wantons from the fridge but my roommate is entertaining a gentleman caller and I really don't want to ruin the magic.

I'm pretty sure hell is going to consist of me being stuck in the friends zone with all the incredible guys I have met in this life.

I have got to lay off the intense movies for a bit--in the last week I have watched The Fall, Serpico, The Air I Breathe, The New World, Macbeth, Scent of a Woman, and Memento. And Scarface is coming tomorrow. Ohhh now my weird mood is so starting to make sense!

5 comments:

kjohnson said...

Ok, I won't take that personally or anything, and will just get my butt on over to the Demolitian Derby to see me some friends who really care. :) And thanks for commenting, I now feel a little loved.

lucás said...

it's either that you look really vulnerable or that that is when Becca is at her best, after all she does get up at the butt crack of dawn. Really why wouldn't she be happy then, I mean she just saw the sun's buttcrack!

Mary said...

To Kristen: You don't have bleach-blond hair, you paranoid freak!

kjohnson said...

And, just so you know, all these loosers are BLIND, cause you're gorgeous, not just your eyes...the whole package.

rosemary said...

Seriously, friend. Your minds is like the twisted confines of a corn maze. I'm wandering around thinking, "This is really cool. Why do I feel at home? Oh yeah . . . it's because I have a corn maze of my own at home, but it's purple."

And a picture on a Jones bottle is the epitome of awesomeness.

I like Joe's quote with no context. It captures the natural marvel of Joe Slinker.

Re: music, I'm currently obsessed with Rooney. They're like modern alternative cut with awesome 60s stylings and a hint of the 80s techno. I freakin' love them.

And you should sleep more.