Monday, September 22, 2008

Coming From A Strange Synthesizer Place


I'm musing about setting a rule for myself that I can never start blogging until after two a.m., I think it'll produce the most entertaining tidbits this way.

I've immersed myself in a huge music project--not huge in the groundbreaking, contributing to the progression of art and therefore society way, just huge in amount of time and brain matter I've squeezed into the making of one lousy "mixed tape."

Don't worry, the mix is for myself, it isn't intended for a specific audience (well, I'll force it on Becca but like that's news that she is has to endure everything that passes through my head), so I'm not about to make some awkward and stomach-turning declaration of any sort. That kind of behavior is so two months ago. I simply haven't been able to sleep for the last two nights, and this seemed at the time to be a worthwhile effort.

The fact that I have my first exam in almost two years just might have contributed to this crazed devotion to my newest burnt CD. But I will not tolerate such a speculative line of questioning.

But my past academic delinquency and unconfirmed current nerves have nothing to do with this epic music search. I have for two straight days been trying to find a copy of the song "Different Situation" by Athenaeum (for free because I am the cheapest scam artist you have the pleasure of knowing) and it has still eluded me! Bollocks. But I will not be defeated! I will find my passive indie rock song AND learn that the Ordovician period comes before the Silurian by the end of this night or pull my earring out in the attempt.

Sidenote: (new piercing+stressful times)^how little I have slept=always fiddling with it, aka getting a little shiver of pain every 2.5 seconds. Kinda feel like I have a trendy inconspicuous cilice on my person. How wristcutters of me. Or devout, take your pick.

Ha! Victory! While multi-tasking I was finally able to make a breakthrough (now that Queen song is stuck in my head) and "Different Situation" is all mine! What bliss, what a landmark achievement that is now forever recorded on the information superhighway.

Hmm maybe I should have tried to be a little more profound on my first post.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

I thought it was plenty profound. And I'm also pleased to be linked on your thingy.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am laughing my a** off at you! You are an amazingly talented writer. . . girl - you need to publish a book!

kjohnson said...

Ahhh, and I bring my friends with me, cause you're that special! Keep it coming.

Royden said...

so I was trying to comment on your profile: "about me" statement, which would really be about you...and I'm probably still pretty firmly convinced that your face is awesome--honestly, thats not just an unprecedented height of cheesiness--although limberger I hear is pretty strong--I saw some of your pics from lys-face's posted wedding pics and your gorgeous!